Collecting various information or feedback is something you may need to do from time to time. A survey is the quickest and most efficient way to do this. For simple surveys, you can use Google Forms in your group’s Google Drive folder. For more complex surveys, ALA has a SurveyMonkey account that LITA staff can use.
In order to have a survey distributed through SurveyMonkey:
- Contact the LITA Office to start the process for creating a SurveyMonkey survey.
- For complex surveys, ask the Assessment and Research Committee to review your questions to make sure they are efficient, understandable, and will return the type of data you will need. They might make some suggestions that you should consider adopting. In some instances, such as demographics categories, ALA already has standard fields and labels that LITA should use.
- Work with LITA staff to determine the length of time you want the survey to be open for responses.
- LITA staff will work with the Communications and Marketing Committee to distribute to LITA-L, LITA Blog, social media, etc. based on preferences and/or after helping determine the best distribution paths.
- After the survey closes, LITA staff will provide you with an analysis link so you can review the results.
Most survey tools (especially SurveyMonkey) provide analytics for the data collected. Charts, graphs, and reports make it easy to report findings and analyze results.
Icons courtesy of icons8.com