LITA has a number of roles on its Board of Directors. They are listed below along with their descriptions. If this incomplete or incorrect and you’re a current or former Board member, or otherwise an expert on how the Board works, you are welcome to edit it; ask Jenny Levine for an account if you need one.
Key Activities for July/August (post Annual)
- Update text of membership emails (join, renew, drop, reinstate)
- Schedule first Board Meeting & plan meeting schedule
- Assign Board Liaison Roles – note: do this in RT – trying to do it via email is MESSY!
- Finalize/update strategic/tactical plan
- Finalize Nominations committee (if not already done)
Things you write
- Announcements of upcoming meetings (as needed but at least 10 days in advance of meetings; sent directly to LITA-L)
- President’s Report (Midwinter, Annual; submitted to Executive Director)
- Write this as you go (at least in note form) — your life will be easier
- ITAL column (quarterly; submitted to ITAL editor and CC:ed to Executive Director)
- Thank-you letters to donors (as needed; ED will provide stationery and contact information)
- Add/drop/renew form letters (at beginning of year, to be sent by ALA automatically on trigger events; submitted to ED)