Charged with working with the LITA office to plan, organize, and produce an annual event that highlights current and emerging technologies in libraries and provides a venue for people involved or interested in library technology to discuss issues. The 2020 Forum location and dates are yet to be determined.
The Forum Planning Committee typically consists of about 15 members, appointed from LITA membership. Committee service begins 18 months prior to the Forum and concludes the December immediately following the Forum.
About this Committee
- Works with the LITA Office to plan and hold the 2020 LITA Forum
- The group is responsible for determining catering menus, program content, the schedule, keynote speakers, preconferences, and social events
- Subcommittees focus on programming, accessibility & recording/streaming, sponsorship, website and marketing, user experience (including onsite), and sustainability
Expected Time Commitment
- Holds 1-2 virtual meetings each month, with more scheduled as needed as the Forum date gets closer; requires no face-to-face meetings each year, and participants are not required to attend the Forum in person
- Group members work an average of 5-10 hours per month
- April, June, October, and November are the busiest months
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Program planning
- Designing attendee experience
- Marketing skills
- Interpersonal skills when working with presenters