To promote membership development in LITA by:
- planning programs and activities that attract and inform new members
- promoting the active participation of current member
- engaging members both physically and digitally to improve the membership experience
To address the concerns of members, propose solutions to membership issues, and take action when possible.
To advise the LITA board of directors on policies relating to membership and dues.
To serve as LITA liaison to the ALA Membership Task Force (responsibility of committee chair or designee from committee).
Consists of one LITA Board member as a liaison and 4-8 members from the division at large.
About this Committee
- Plans LITA Happy Hour at the ALA Midwinter Meeting and ALA Annual Conference each year
- Develops ways to engage members online
- Runs periodic LITA chats on Twitter (#LITAchat)
Expected Time Commitment
- Holds 10-12 virtual meetings and no face-to-face meetings each year
- Groups members work an average of 2 hours per month
- January, May, June, and December are the busiest months
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Outgoing, since we run social and engagement events
- Organization skills
- Event planning experience is helpful, and knowing people within LITA is also good–we regularly rely on our contacts with other committees and task forces to get things done