The Fundraising Committee is a standing committee that creates fundraising strategy for LITA. It plans and implements fundraising campaigns in coordination with groups such as the ALA Development Office, the LITA Board, the Membership Development Committee, the Communication and Marketing Committee, or other relevant committees or units. The Committee will supervise sponsorship efforts for LITA-associated events such as LITA Forum or preconferences.
View past Fundraising Committee reports to learn about this group’s activities.
The LITA Fundraising Committee will be chaired by the LITA Past President and consists of 4-6 members with 2-year overlapping terms.
View the Fundraising Committee’s group on LITA Connect.
To advise the LITA Board on all fiscal matters of the Division; to advise the LITA Executive Director in preparation of an annual budget based on priorities established by the Board; to review and advise units requesting LITA funds; to review for the LITA Board Division activities, within the framework of the strategic plan, for fiscal implications; to review for the LITA Board, on a regular basis, the dues structure and to prepare and submit to the LITA Board periodic analysis of the finances of the division; to review LITA’s fiscal relationship to ALA and other divisions and to represent LITA at the ALA Planning and Budget Assembly and the BARC/Divisions meeting. The Chairperson of the Financial Advisory Committee shall also be a member of the Board of Directors ex-officio, without vote and shall advise the President and the Board on matters of budget and finance at meetings of the Board of Directors.
Includes a chair, vice-chair, past chair, and at least 3 members.
View the Financial Advisory Committee’s group on LITA Connect.
About this Committee
- Advises the LITA Executive Director in creating the annual budget
- Analyzes spending and revenues, bringing concerns to the Executive Director and LITA Board
- Looks for ways LITA can increase revenue and/or reduce expenses
- Responds to financial queries from the LITA Board, other LITA units, and the membership
Expected Time Commitment
- Holds 4-6 virtual meetings and 1 face-to-face meeting (at the ALA Annual Conference) each year
- Group members work an average of 1 hour per month
- January, May, June, September, and December are the busiest months
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Intermediate Excel
- Basic financial understanding
- Creating and managing a budget