Running webinars and hosting online instruction sessions are not very different than hosting virtual meetings, from the presenter perspective. Here are some tips to help things run smoothly.
- Decide what permissions you want to give to attendees. Especially in webinars attendees often only need permission to chat, not full audio/video capabilities. Determine whether attendees should be able to chat to all participants, or just to the presenters.
- Send out any pre-work or handouts.
- Have an agenda or lesson plan.
- Have a practice session.
- If possible, have someone available for tech support or troubleshooting.
- Polls are a good way to encourage participation and engagement.
- Use breakout rooms to facilitate conversations in smaller groups.
Tip: Ideas for educational programs should go to the Education Committee. Your committee or interest group is free to develop the content in consultation with this committee, who will help with scheduling, marketing, and logistics.
Icons courtesy of icons8.com